It’s been a long 3 weeks and some change since I’ve had an update and the # of changes from version 1.2 have been so large that I’m breaking it into two pieces with the next set of updates in a few weeks time.
As I’ve mentioned in my post yesterday it’s been a somewhat awkward transition into this new period as an app and a company and I’m doing my best that I can to stave off any anxiety and doubt about what we’re doing as a community (yes, even I can get the jitters at times!).
But I’m constantly reminded daily about the amount of value we’re generating for people and that’s really exciting and the app is iteratively getting better and better every release, and with the planned roadmap for version 2.0 that’s going to blow everyone away!
So stay with me folks and we’re going to ride this journey together.
Version 1.3 Release Notes:
Here are are the fixes and improvements that are in the latest release:
- Notifications did not go to the specific event in the app
- Incorrect number of users that you Follow
- Wrong number of comments after deleting user profile
- Share to Twitter now goes to the container page (e.g. i.pressgr.am/photos/xxxxxx
- Issue with an upload not creating a post fixed
- Problem with chinese hashtags
- New CSS class “pgimage” so that users could style their blogs more easily
- A number of email-related and security bugs
- UTF-8 support (problem with non-ascii chars in tags and categories)
- A better validation for checking the self-hosted blogs
- A number of users couldn’t be loaded or viewed
- 100+ notifications after 99 fixed
- Low memory issues on iPod4 with low memory
- Left side menu begins to close automatically on Comments screen after tapping on the arrow icon
- Added the ability to change email in Edit profile screen
- Links in comments didn’t work all the time, now fixed
- Saving to local device bugs
- A number of small design updates, like being unable to see the first line in comment, increased brightness, and various aesthetic tweaks
- Email field is over Twitter field (login screen)
- Facebook/Twitter icons updated to flat design
- Add an ability to tap on top of the screen for scrolling up (for screen Activity Me)
- New order of links in Support Tab
- Wrong message after taking photo (message “Couldn’t take photo. Please try again” although photo was taken)
- A number of app-related crashes after posting a photo, deleting text from fields, login screens, scrolling, push notifications, etc.
- No auto capitalization in categories and tags
- Flashing spinner (Support screen)
- Couldn’t see part of User avatar and post content at the top (Meta screen) for iPod 4
- User profile screen is empty for some users
- Issue with turning on / off privacy settings
- And many, many smaller tweaks and fixes for a variety of different iOS devices
As you can see, a major list, for sure!